Our emphasis is on practical teaching, combining key principles with hands-on exercises to develop participants’ skills.
In addition to traditional face-to-face workshops, we provide online and remote training. Our online training typically uses 'asynchronous' course materials that participants can work through at their own pace, usually combined with a live interactive event that brings remote participants together, and includes skills development exercises with individual feedback for each participant.
Areas in which we offer training include:
- Popular science writing: 'short-form', 'long-form', & online
- Media skills: understanding how research hits the headlines
- TV & radio interview skills for scientists
- Presenting compelling public talks about your research
- Using online media for effective public engagement with research
- Achieving 'impact' through public engagement with research
We have also provided science communication training for undergraduate degree programmes, and workshops for early career researchers as part of international conferences.
For examples of feedback comments from course participants, please see our testimonials page, and if you would like to discuss your training requirements, please contact us directly.