Our emphasis is on practical teaching, combining key principles with hands-on exercises to develop participants’ skills.
Areas in which we offer training include:
- Popular science writing: 'short-form', 'long-form', & online
- Media skills: understanding how research hits the headlines
- TV & radio interview skills for scientists
- Presenting compelling public talks about your research
- Using online media for effective public engagement with research
- Achieving 'impact' through public engagement with research
Our clients include universities and institutes, research funders, and government agencies; examples of courses that we have recently provided include: Royal Society 'Writing about your research', and University of Sheffield NERC ACCE DTP 'Media training'.
As an example of tailoring training to a client's needs, we co-developed a 'Women in science and the media' course to provide communication training specifically for early career female researchers - and here's a round-up of how it went.